Wireshark

7 years ago
  •  Isabel Cardenas

Hello

When I open the pcap files in Wireshark, it says that the packets are malformed or have Bad FCS. I downloaded Wireshark directly from your webpage, the one that is supossed to support ZBOSS. The pcaps files I am reading, are from the test files provided by you. What do you suggest me to do?

Thank you

Replies (8)

RE: Wireshark

Hello,

Please try the following in your Wireshark:

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Protocols -> IEEE 802.15.4 and check "TI CC24XX FCS Format".

Hello,

I am running tests/zdo_startup case on ubuntu16.04, following your advice to set Wireshark, but it doesn't work. Packets are still malformed or have Bad FCS.

Any other advice?

Thank you

Hello,

Could you, please, provide us the .pcap and probably .dump files you have troubles with?

file:///home/tgni/ZBOSS_v1.0_src/tests/zdo_startup/20123.dump

file:///home/tgni/ZBOSS_v1.0_src/tests/zdo_startup/20316.dump

file:///home/tgni/ZBOSS_v1.0_src/tests/zdo_startup/c.pcap

file:///home/tgni/ZBOSS_v1.0_src/tests/zdo_startup/ze.pcap

By the way, I correct some compiling error as follows:

include/zb_transport_linux_pipes.h line:104

-#define ZB_TRY_IO() (zb_mac_wait_for_ext_event(), RET_OK)

+#define ZB_TRY_IO() (zb_mac_wait_for_ext_event())

common/zb_address.c line:573

-ZB_ASSERT_COMPILE_DECL(ZB_IEEE_ADDR_TABLE_SIZE <= ZB_SHORT_MAX);

+ZB_ASSERT(ZB_IEEE_ADDR_TABLE_SIZE <= ZB_SHORT_MAX);

include/zb_ns3.h line:88

-#define ZB_TRANSCEIVER_SET_CHANNEL(channel_number) (MAC_CTX().current_channel = channel_number, 0)

+#define ZB_TRANSCEIVER_SET_CHANNEL(channel_number) (MAC_CTX().current_channel = channel_number)

Hope it can help.

Sorry to miss the files.

Thank you for your report.

The problem is in the dump_converter. We'll provide an updated version soon and let you know.

Hello, when can I get an updated version of ZBOSS? I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time!

Just in case you are still interested, I have figured out why the output of dump converter doesn't work for Wireshark. Basically, the only thing you need to do is to modify the dump converter so that it discards the first four bytes of each packet's DATA_BUF.