m baker

Registered on 02/16/2013 • Last connection on 04/16/2013

Porting to new hardware

Is there any documentation related to porting to different chipsets? I am specifically interested in the JN5148.

Thanks!

RE: Porting to new hardware

Dennis,

Thanks for your detailed answers. I have been working on this for some time but have trouble understanding some things related to your suggestions. To recap your list, with my questions:

1. Base project structure: JN5149 it's GNU toolchain samples

No Problem

2. Modifying zb_config.h to add new platfrom

No problem (mostly - some guesses on the #defines to use, but probably doable)

3. Stubs for all platform dependent functions (e.g. functions under CC25xx or any other platform definition)

Any advice on how to identify the functions that are platform dependent? Navigating the nested #define's is not so easy...

4. Chip initialization routines.

No problem.

5. U(S)ART to get trace system work wtih simple testing.

No problem to get it working by itself, but no so easy to understand what ZBOSS needs. Can you clarify which functions are actually called from outside the osif routines?

6. Transport functions (filling JNxxxx Frame buffer, reading from Frame Buffer, RX/TX Interrupt Declaration, channel switching, scans)

This is a problem for me, as I don't really understand the role of the transport functions. How should one think about the transport functions? I am not sure the reason for these - why different versions for serial, spi, mac, etc...

7. Basic testing without security (just disable ZB_SECURITY)

TBD

8. Software security implementation (it's already present in stack and can be used instead of hardware engine)

TBD

9. Security testing. Everything should work now.

TBD

10. Security engine related implementation. It can help to save some code-space and increase performance.

TBD

And one final question: For the NXP chips, they have a built-in MAC/PHY layer. My thought was to take advantage of the NWK and up from ZBOSS, and the PHY and MAC from the NXP libraries. Is there an obvious reason this is a bad idea?

Thanks again!