Andy Crackahm

Registered on 01/28/2013 • Last connection on 09/17/2018

RE: Porting to new hardware

Hi Denis

I read the above and tried my best to grok it but basically there's probably too much to take in right now foe me.

What I am looking to do is add a port for the new TI CC2538 device. It's based on the ARM Cortex-M3 rather than the 8051.

I have quite a bit of experience with this device already using IAR and ZStack and I already have lots of experience with the Cortex-M3 (NXP, Energy Micro and now the CC2538). However, I want to build my work on using Eclipse + GNUC via CodeSourcery toolchain and then creating a separate wrapper project using FreeRTOS.

Anyway, what I am basically struggling with is working out ZBOSS's transport layer. I expected it to be fairly simple case of looking for CC25XX based code and reworking it for the CC2538. However, in Eclipse+GNUC, I found is seems not so straight forward (I don't like Makefile projects that much!). If you could right a porting guide it would be pretty useful.

The CC2538 is new and not yet released but I do have the documentation but cannot yet give details as TI currently have it under NDA for Commercial use only. But it is being publicly released very soon so all it's information will then be in the public domain.

regards,

--Andy